Oberg art photo concept
Nowadays one must have a mission statement up front and any business must have a core concept. And of course people ask me now and then what kind of idea(s) my works are based on.
Here is, in a nutshell what I can say:
Art and peace are basic to my photo concept and, thus, to my life.
Other elements are:
• diversity of themes, seeing the big and the small world where I go;
• photo graphics – meaning a graphic print-like appearance on matte fine art papers;
• variety of media – fine art papers, canvas, sometimes metal and mixed media;
• honouring the advice of my mentor, grand old man of Danish photography Viggo Rivad: it is you, not some expensive equipment, that create the good picture;
• caring for the entire process – from shooting to printing, framing and marketing;
• experimenting with the above, not aiming to find a niche or one style that can be repeated;
• inspired by artists such as Robert Rauschenberg, Gerhard Richter and David Hockney as well as by classical art – e.g Vermeer in “Black Girl With A Pearl Earring” (2014);
• inspired by contemporary photographers – too many to mention; travel to art and photo fairs as much as I can;
• identifying my work mostly with art photography but also documentary;
• making extensive use of new technologies, the Internet and social media;
• always having my Nikon D7000 and/or iPhone at hand;
• exploring randomly what peace photography could be;
• open to commissioned work, portrait or others required tasks;
• offering clients quality and security, incl. a signed print documentation at purchase which guarantees the authenticity of the work, what paper it is printed on with which printer, size of edition, number and signature etc.;
• truly personal service – my works are for sale only by me and in my studio or via correspondence you’ll always deal directly with me.
Updated October 2016.